Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Edit Me Challenge~ {week 3}

     This weeks picture was taken by the lovely Miss Marylin from The Artsy Girl Connection. This lady has such an eye for all things pretty! If ya haven't already, go check her out!

This shot was taken at Disney World.
What a perfect place to get lost & take a million pictures!

Marylin's sooc

 edit by me
     I was a bad girl this week. I went ahead & used Picnik, instead of getting more comfortable w/ Photo Shop. I actually quite like how it turned out. I promise by next week, I'm going to just bite the bullet, & use Photo Shop! I'm not going to feel too bad about it though, for what Picnik is... it's pretty fabulous!

I first started off cropping
I then thought it may look good reversed. I did it, & liked it
I decreased the exposure a bit, & upped the contrast by only 2
I used the doodle tool to color in the red boat canopy, then faded it out until I like the result
(I only have the "free" version of Picnik people! Lol... gotsta work w/ what I have!!)
I added a Lomo-ish effect & blurred the edges to add more focus to the boat
The lomo effect made it a little too saturated, so I toned that back down
Added a very slight vignette in a light gray tone
Finally sharpened it up, added a little clarity, & a thin black border.







25 comments:

Lindac said...

Love it , love it, love it.
Never would have thought to flip the image and I love how you've got the colour back in the boat canvas.
Very vibrant and clean and such a different perspective!

Amy H said...

I LOVE the flip. So cool. Great job on the colors and vibrance!

Mrs Missy said...

Wow! I never would have thought the colors could be that vibrant and pretty! Now, that's a real pop in color- looks like a totally different photo!

Amy S said...

Really LOVE the flip! :) and Picnik is AWESOME! I use it tons for my photography!!!!!

Sarah said...

I heart picnik, too! Love what the flip did to this photo! Totally made it your own! Awesome!

Sean Marie said...

Great job! I love Picnik as well. Awesome what you can do to a photo. Of course you have to have a great eye like you though! :)

Heather said...

I love how you flipped it and the crop you can see all the detail in on the boat! The colors are superb.

Unknown said...

I think this edit looks great- I love the colors on the boat. Maybe I'll start doing these challenges- I love to edit.

Jenny said...

Very nice!

Denise said...

Love your edit...Great minds think alike! We edited the photo very similar to each other...Love your photos...Can't wait to check'em all out....Lord Bless...

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I love your results!!! I never thought to reverse my photos or use the doodle option on them. I need to fiddle with Picnik more since I don't have photoshop!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

That turned out pretty. I would never have guessed that you only used Picnik for this.

kdseymour said...

Wow! I love this too! Love the flip and just totally an awesome edit!

Marty Mason said...

Great edit....love the flip! Wow.... and that color pop!

Unknown said...

This is a very dramatic edit, especially because of the rotation. It is definitely unique!

Courtney B said...

Seriously? This is AMAZING! You did such a great job!
Talented? Gorgeous? Cutest little family? If I didn't loooove you so much I'd have to hate you! ;)

Marilyn said...

Uuuum you show off you, this is AMAZING MEL.. I LOVE it.. One of my fav's. I love that you repositioned the boat, added to the coloration, the composition and clarity. This is wonderful, very beautiful edit.. I love it.. :)) Thanks SO MUCH for joining in.. Wishing you an incredibly awesome weekend ahead.. xoxox.. ~M

Allie said...

MEL SHUT UP!! This is amazing! Start photography NOW!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Becky said...

Seriously! This is awesome! I LOVE YOUR EDIT!!!!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

My goodness...your edit is GORGEOUS! It almost looks like a completely different photo! Good job, girl! xo!

Sewplicity said...

Fantastic Edit!

Lori said...

Wow Melanie! This is so beautiful! I so love this!
Great job on the edit.

Marilyn said...

(PS: I tagged you today via a post.. Please stop in and have a looksey..TAG TAG YOU ARE IT!! .. ;))) Wishing you an excellent weekend ahead.. xoxox..

EMily said...

I love your edit! I love Picnik too!

Unknown said...

I love, love the detail and color you brought out in the boat! Awesome!