Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sweet Shot~ My lil sweet stuff & SWEET news!

    Hello my lovelies! It has been quite the exciting past few days at this mamas house! So if you've followed me for a while you know I am the proud mama of one cutie patootie named Jax. I'm also kinda a picture taking freakaziod when it comes to pictures. (especially of monkey(Jax)) Thirdly you probably know that I have wanted a "fancy big girl camera," FOREVER YO. For flippn EVER! Guess what...? The Canon Fairy, & my handsome honey made my dream come true! I can't wait to introduce you to the Canon Fairy,  my new baby girl (aka my new camera) & tell ya'll all about it tomorrow.

Until then here's my sweet shot of my sweet boy.
We like to go on walks down our long country road.
This is our prize at the end.

It's kind of our own little world.

See how stinkn cute he is, even is from a distance?!




I stumbled upon this shot from Jaxy's 3rd Birthday.
I don't know how I missed it before.


Posing with a look of... ?
Hahaa I think this is the look of one tired birthday boy.
He put his pinata in it's place! Let me tell ya.

Then zonked out about 5 minutes later.



 
Linking up with









16 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

So precious, Melanie!

Erika B said...

Really cute!

Erika B

Lish @ Imprintalish said...

CUTE! Oh how I wish I had a long country road to walk on!! P.S SUPER excited to hear about your camera and also SUPER jealous :)

faith ann raider said...

oh yay!!!! getting your first SLR is SOOOOOOOOO exciting. I was surprised at how I felt my photography got slightly worse before it got better. (insert shameless self promotion: I teach a class on how to use your SLR camera. If you use the Poetic Winter discount it's only $40)

EMily said...

Yay!! Congrats to you!

Lisa said...

Coolio! So what did you get???? Can't wait to hear about it.

Susan said...

The trees in that first shot are amazing! And Jax looks adorable from a distance, of course. Looking forward to tomorrow's post :)

Anonymous said...

exciting...
sweet shot of the tired little one

EMily said...

Hey! I tagged you in a little tag along thingy...feel free to participate or not...

Angie said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Melanie!! Whoo hooo!!!!! The Canon fairy is one amazing fairy, huh?! I cannot wait to hear all about your big girl camera. You're going to love it. Read the manual, even though it seems daunting and boring, read it because you will learn faster that way. Get stuck on something, go Youtube it, you'll find it there, Youtube has everything. And I saw one reader had mentioned their photography getting a little worse at first, and yes, mine did too - and in fact, I didn't touch my camera for about two months after I got it, I was too afraid to and didn't understand how it worked. LOL... Read the manual! LOL!! And I am happy for you little mama!!! Can't wait to see what you produce! You're a great photographer already, so now LOOK out WORLD!! Here comes Mel and her BIG GIRL camera!! :) xoxo

Mary Gene Atwood said...

The first shot is quite nice, look at you go! Aloha!

kyna... said...

Hooray!!!! Hooray hooray hooray! I am so so so so so excited for you! And yes...like a couple of the gals mentioned...once you force yourself to shoot on manual only, your photography may get worse...but keep at it momma...and email me any questions you have! I am here for you BBFF!
♥ Kyna

Love, Chelsea said...

I'm SO jealous!!!

thatgirlblogs said...

That last shot truly says "birthday coma," and I love it! Visiting from Paper Mama.

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Oh wow! Congrats on your new camera! I just got a new Canon too. What did you get?

Thanks so much for joining us in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge! If you haven't already downloaded the free texture over at my place, stop by! We're moving on to our new theme on Friday, Warmth. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

adorable pic~and love the transformers pinata :)