Monday, May 14, 2012

Best Mommy's Day! Ever.


Really! I don't know what exactly it was about this last Mother's Day,
but it was just the best one yet!
Hope all you lovely mama's got spoiled rotten, & enjoyed YOUR day.

On a side note: lately... I am becoming even worse w/ my time management.
There are just never enough hours in the day.
What's new though, ey?!

SO.
 I'm gonna make this a quickie, & share the majority of our special Mama's Day pics tomorrow...

Here's the beginning of our day...

I get a special "i wuv u, mommeee" hug from monkey as soon as I woke up.
(He's super smart, he's 3, but knew it was hug a mommy day!)

THEN...
Something  VERY magical happend.

Looky what this surprised mama got from the sweetest (most handsome) fellas in all the land.
Yay! Oh. I have wanted this lens baby for quite a while.
My sweetie sure does know me...
A good bottle of Riesling, and a lens!

You never cease to amaze me, honey.
I'm just so proud that I get to have a family w/ you, the love of my life!

 1st pics w/ the new baby had to be of my boys!

These were literally my 1st two shots taken w/ the Canon 1.8 50mm.
I need a little practice, but quite smitten.
(with my boys, & the lens) Lol.
..........................................................
Live, Love, Travel
Chic Homeschool Mama

24 comments:

Pieni Lintu said...

I love those B&W shots!

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Goodness, girl, you are ROCKING that lens!!!!! That last picture, especially, makes me swoon! So so so lovely! What a happy mama's day, love it! Your men do know you well, don't they? :) xoxo

lucy at dear beautiful said...

Awwwww, gorgeous photographs. I've been dropping BIG 'I'd love a new lens' hints as its my birthday next month. We shall see if those hints have been picked up or not.
Glad you had a great mothers day. X

4 Lettre Words said...

Beautiful shots, girl! Have a ton of fun with your new toy. :)

Sarah said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! xo

Mary Gene Atwood said...

You nailed it!! Sharp focus. Boys look good.

Mary Gene Atwood said...

You nailed it!! Sharp focus. Boys look good.

Jen said...

Great shot-that's a great lens!! How fun!

Candace Chitwood said...

Gorgeous shots! I think you are really going to like your new lens!

Susan said...

Yay for a new lens!! And awesome first picture with it...Happy Mother's Day Melanie...that's some handsome men you have there :)

Marilyn said...

Awww, amazing shots.. I love the B$W.. Sooo happy your day was amazing.. ;)) Flipping sweet new toy for ya.. ;)) Big hugs.. xoxox..

Marilyn said...

Awww, amazing shots.. I love the B$W.. Sooo happy your day was amazing.. ;)) Flipping sweet new toy for ya.. ;)) Big hugs.. xoxox..

Cropped Stories said...

You lucky mama you! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day! Your pics are fabulous!

Marilyn said...

ps: Tag - you are it via my blog today (What's on your feet photo fun!) heehehee..

Gina Kleinworth said...

Love these!!!! It does a great job doesn't it??!! So happy for you!!!! You'll never take it off. :)

Jaymi said...

I LOVE the shots you got with your new lens! great job! The 50 1.8 is still my favorite lens, you will love it! Thanks for sharing with Tips & Pics!

Moments and Impressions said...

Love my 50. It makes everything a little easier with all that lovely light streaming in. Gorgeous forst shots Mel.

Anonymous said...

Aw you lucky thing you :)
Glad you had a lovely day, can't wait to see all those lovely shots with your new lens x x

Unknown said...

Awesome gifts! Your shots are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

You are indeed a lucky mama! Man! And great inaugural photos, hey?

Becky said...

These are so great, Mel! You are just blossoming and with that 50mm you are unstoppable!! Love it!

Love, Chelsea said...

Happy late Mother's Day!

happy me said...

Is there anything better than a new lens? No. ;)

The new watermark is so sleek and cool!

G-Ma

packmom said...

Wow! Those pictures are crystal clear. You're going to love that new lens.