Friday, May 4, 2012

a month in photos~ {April} / Favorite photos of the week!

<<April Favorites>>
 Did April just flown right on by or what?
It's been such a fun month in photos!
April's my 2nd month having my slr , Ceecee Canon, & I've LOVED every minute of it!

I started out primarily shooting in AV (aperture priority) mode, only shooting in manual about 50% of the time. 
Have a LOT of my pictures totally sucked... yes
Have I missed a few precious never get back moments ... YEP.

But.
The shots that I have set up correctly, & captured my little monkey perfectly~ make my heart go pitter patter.
AND I am sucking a little less every day! Lol)

I've made a promise to my BBF ( Bloggy Besty), my girl, aka the sweetest mama I know, Kyna, that I'm going to ONLY shoot in manual for the next 30 days. Her photography inspires me SO much. 
Wish me luck ya'll. I am kinda FREAKED OUT. 
(This should be fun...?!)

Here are just a few of my fav's from April.
Gosh. I truly am one lucky girl. LOVE my little family.

<<April 2012>>


..........................................................................................

<<My favorites from this week>>

....................................................................................................





12 comments:

Mary Gene Atwood said...

No, your shots didn't suck! Go easy on yourself. What a fun month.

Becky said...

These are great, my fave is that very first of Jax, gorgeous! And nope, you don't suck! I was discouraged at first as well with manual because man, I missed more than I got, but you will get the hang of it and it won't take long!!! You won't ever look back!! It's great!

Jen said...

I just adore the Daddy/Jax pics!!

Skye said...

Um. Your photos are anything but sucky. I think you are a great photographer! :) You capture your son so well! I love manual mode, but a photographer that I paid to have some mentoring sessions with, taught me to use AV mode sometimes- I had never used it - he said he even uses it most of the time outdoors in decent lighting. So when I am outdoors in good lighting- as long as its not super dusk, I use AV mode - and make other adjustments. It works OK most times. And I can snap faster without having to change my shutter speed constantly. Not that I am some great photographer LOL. I don't use it indoors or in low light or when I am trying to capture something special. ANYWAY good luck with 30 days in manual - You'll do great!! Of course!

Love, Chelsea said...

such a gorgeous little family! Sheesh!

Amanda said...

Melanie your photos are beautiful, I've never seen you post a bad one!!
A friend of mine gave me pretty much that same challenge awhile back...to switch to only Manual for a few weeks. I've never looked back. :) I still dont always understand it all and I dont always get it right, but Im sticking with manual. :) :)

Lauren said...

I wish my good photos looked like yours. :)

Courtney said...

Wow these are all such amazing photos! I can't believe you haven't been shooting in manual all this time, I would have NEVER known!!! You are a pro to me! XO

Sarah said...

Girl, month two! You're doing awesome! Stick with manual. You are going to rock it!! Love the photos!!!

Marilyn said...

Oh Jax.... THOSE EYES.. Can we have a playdate.? I think my lil Sia will be forced to love you.. He's sooo darn darling Mel.. I can't get over it.. ;)) BEAUTIFUL series of photo's.. Thanks so much for sharing beautiful.. xoxoxo

Gina Kleinworth said...

Certainly a great month in pics my friend!!!

Angie said...

You've gotta suck to be great. That's my motto. I tell myself this ALL THE TIME and it makes me feel better whenever I mess up an image. That said, do our images really suck? I guess if we learned nothing from the experience of having taken them, then truly they would suck. But... we do learn, therefore, we are amazing! And our images too! :)

I tell myself this too, whenever I mess up a shot. ;)

I think each and every one of your images are beautiful and full of the most beautiful energy as well. You don't suck, my friend. That's just never ever going to be a possibility for you.

Big, warm hug to you and yours!

Angie
xo