Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I call him Mr. S

   Oh Gosh. I try, I try. I just (obviously) can't get the kind of results I'd like to w/ my cheapy point & shoot camera. So please know, that I know my pictures are not NEARLY perfect. I love entering photo challenges, not because I think I'm all that, but I think it's great practice & a wonderful learning experience. Plus... I have one handsome fella to gush over & show off! I am having so much fun learning from all of you. I know this road will be a lonnnng one, but I am truly enjoying every minute of it!

On with the cutie-patootie...


   Jax just started doing this,
 oh so adorable placing his  hand on chinny chin chin move.
He especially does this while he watches his fav Nick Jr shows.
I call him Mr S. (serious).

I think it makes my mad genius look extra smart!
He REALLY gets into his shows now,
it's so cute to watch him.

One of the five million Jaxy smiles that makes mama week in the knees




 I'm pretty sure that's dried finger paint on his cheek.
Whoopsy!



Xoxo, Melanie

13 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

He one of the most adorable boys I've seen!!! And that hand under the chin move is so cute! :)

Heidi said...

Look at those curls! LOVE.

Anonymous said...

Awww such a charmer!
x x x

Casey said...

He has curly hair just like mine! I find it hard when I have to cut it because its so handsome! :) I think your pictures are great! and with everyone they will get better :) Jax is so cute! I love the little hand under his chin thing!

the Momma Bird said...

oh my gosh he's SOOOOO cute!!!!!!! i want to just squeeze those little cheeks!!!!!

Allie said...

Seriously he will be such a lady killer, i think your shots are amazeballs! They look just as good as anyone with a different camera, i am so glad we sent cards to that little girl, so sad!

EMily said...

I'm with you. I don't have a fancy-pants camera (I want one) but I like entering the challenges because I think they are fun. And seriously, how could you not take pics of your son...you'd be crazy?!

Ashley Sisk said...

That smile is so contagious. I love the bw.

Susan said...

May I just say that you rock your camera! And, I wish we could get Jax and Amy together to play, he seems like such a sweetheart! Love his little hand under his chin :)

Crystal Escobar said...

Oh my gosh, do you just die over those beautiful curls! I LOVE all the pics. He's adorable!
By the way, I'm brand new to your blog, followed you over from Grumpy Grateful Moms blog. I just enjoy meeting other moms, so that's why I'm here and following your blog now :)

happy me said...

Adorable Mel!

Also? We HAD this talk; it's not the camera, it's the photographer. You have an incredible gift of creating photos waaaaaaay above the norm with regard to feeling & composition. And your focus is tack-sharp!

Don't make me come down there. Because I *WILL* (I was going to say to pinch you, but really I just want to see the baby!) ;)

You KNOW I love you!!!!

Jessica Monte said...

Wow again! You are amazing. I never would have guessed that your camera is a point and shoot. You are so talented! I think you should definitely follow your photography passion and invest in a dslr. Oh the places you'll go with it! Awesome work! I love each and every one of these shots!

Becky said...

Girl, it's not the camera that does the work, it's the photographer and you are right up there with the best of them. Your perspective is great and I love your post processing as well! :0) When you do get a professional camera - WATCH OUT WORLD!! ;0)